Thursday, May 15, 2008

MARINDUQUE: A VISIT & A BLESSING IN DISGUISE

Photos and Narration by Dr. Herbert R.



Cathedral of the Diocese of Boac in Marinduque Island,
the Philippines My students seen entering the door of
the Cathedral Church



The Peace Studies Students on Field Research Practicum
Posed for a Souvinir Photo in Front of Boac Cathedral Church

The Journey of Faith begins with a a giant leap forward...

The Lord works in wonderful ways and in unexpected moments, imparting on us blessings that we sometimes do not ask for. Indeed the saying is true that no one can out do God in generosity. For He makes the sun shine and the rain fall on both the good and the bad, making the hearts of everyone glad. On May 9, 2007 we embarked on the field research practicum of my students. We intended to interview the people who had been affected by the accident in relation to the Mining Activities in Marinduque. We did not realize that our schedule also coincided with the 30th founding anniversary of the Diocese of Boac and the 50th anniversary of the canonical coronation of Our Lady of Immediate Succor. In the Tagalog language known as Mahal na Birhen ng Biglang Awa. The Diocese also built a new Shrine in order to promote devotion to Our Lady. We visited the Cathedral compound and Church and we were lucky because we were the first attendees to the first mass held at the new Shrine. The Shrine is brand new and the altar too. As the priest celebrant congratulated everyone of us for being first to attend the first mass ever said on the new shrine. I will show a picture of the Shrine in the posts that I will make after I get home. I am in the Island still while posting this message. I am using my cell phone as modem for my PC hence posting bloggs is really very difficult to do because connection to the internet is slow.
When I entered this Cathedral, a sense of nostalgia entered into my consciousness and a deep love for Our Lady was evoked in my heart. I know this is the home of my dearest Mother, the Great Theotokus. "Oh Mother of Immediate Succor, aid us in our life's trials and difficulties. Above all grant us by your prayers to God, peace of mind and the grace to persevere till the end. Amen."

No comments:

The Word Made Flesh